The Ledger & Quill Scholarship Program concludes for the year with 15 new scholarships for 2013-14 totaling $46,000 offered to and accepted by the school’s latest members of the Strobel Accounting Honors Program. The students are:
- Talia Ahmed, NilesTownship West High School, Morton Grove, Ill.
- Michelle An, Glenbard West High School, Carol Stream, Ill.
- Vansika Brahmbatt, Niles Township High School, Skokie, Ill.
- Matthew Cabel, Alan B. Shepard High School, Palos Heights, Ill.
- Adeyanira Escuadra, Whitney Young High School, Chicago
- Patrick Flynn, Naperville Central High School, Naperville, Ill.
- Alec Johnson, Muskego High School, Muskego, Mich.
- Sarah Kmiec, Victor J. Andrew High School, Tinley Park, Ill.
- Emily Kolpas, Deerfield High School, Deerfield, Ill.
- Zach Matukewicz, Skutt Catholic High School, Omaha, Neb.
- Jessica Mercado, Harry D. Jacobs High School, Carpentersville, Ill.
- Samuel Ridge, Lyons Township High School, Chicago
- Nicholas Tambellini, Fremd High School, Palatine, Ill.
- Robert Urosev, Niles Township West High School, Skokie, Ill.
- Ryan Walsh, Carl Sandburg High School, Orland Park, Ill.
The students were selected from 44 finalists who were invited to interview with the L&Q Scholarship Selection Committee at the school on March 2, 2013. The L&Q Scholarship Program has been operating continually since 1978.