In a long process that began in January of this year and included the personal interviews in March, the school’s prestigious Ledger & Quill Accounting Scholarships for 2014-15 have been awarded.
It was the school’s and L&Q’s 33rd consecutive scholarship award presentation. The 2014-15 awards total $38,000, and range from $1,000 to $7,000. All recipients have enrolled in the Strobel Honors Program. Ten new, four-year renewable scholarships have been presented to the following students:
- Roberto Garcia, Oak Park, East Leyden High School
- Jonah Atchison, Belleville, Governor French Academy
- Laura Ann Kaimakis, Island Lake, Wauconda High School
- Matthew Szleszynski, South Barrington, St. Viator High School
- Michael Gsell, Lombard, Carl Sandburg High School
- Grace Burba, Beach Park, Warren Township High School
- Holly McNally, Chicago, Marist High School
- Michael Kicinski, Arlington Heights, St. Viator High School
- Gregory Kilroy, Livonia, Mich., Detroit Catholic Central High School
- Dong Lee, Buffalo Grove, Adlai E. Stevenson High School
As usual, there are many, many people to thank for this initiative: the many faculty and L&Q officers who served as interviewers or genial hosts to our interviewees; the many current students (scholarship holders all) who helped with the interview program; DePaul’s Office of Admission; and of course to the L&Q members whose generosity made the awards possible.